NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek: Enterprise

2 posters

Go down

Star Trek: Enterprise Empty Star Trek: Enterprise

Post  DalekEmperor101 Sun 11 Sep 2016, 20:40

I personally find that Star Trek Enterprise is one of my favourite series. It has flaws yes, but overall it was a magical addition to the franchise. We got introduced to the Andorians, Tellarites and the Vulcans all over again, as well as the Klingons and Borg. There were many new species and aliens we had never met before and it was interesting to see Earth only 100 years after First Contact.

The ship was well designed and I loved the background noises that hinted towards TOS. It was a lovely nod to its respective counterparts. The weapons were perfect, with Phase Cannons being our first look at phasers and the torpedoes starting off as Nuclear Warheads. It was also interesting to note the Hull Plating which was a fun addition, allowing for a less advanced ship. 

The stories all held their own weight and I think after the Xindi arc, the show really started to get going at a steady pace. It is unfortunate that we didnt get to see a fifth season or the refitted Enterprise, or the infamous Romulan War, though all three have been continued in the books. It explained a lot of unanswered questions and took the War down a path I dont think we would have seen on TV, which is nice. 

What are your thoughts on the proverbial middle child of Star Trek?
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: Enterprise Empty Re: Star Trek: Enterprise

Post  Valeyard Wed 14 Sep 2016, 23:20

I've been sitting on the fence as to weather or not I should watch 'Enterprise' as Star Trek is something I've never been big on. Any episode recommendations that might get me into it, DE101? Smile

~Valeyard
Valeyard
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Thu 15 Sep 2016, 21:14

Valeyard wrote:I've been sitting on the fence as to weather or not I should watch 'Enterprise' as Star Trek is something I've never been big on. Any episode recommendations that might get me into it, DE101? Smile

~Valeyard

Suggestion wise, Id have to say the first episode, Broken Bow. It really is a strong start to the series. But One of the best episodes was the two parter Shockwave, the seaosn finale of 1 and the first opener of season 2. All four series are on Netflix and are worth a watch.
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeyard Fri 23 Sep 2016, 23:58

DalekEmperor101 wrote:Suggestion wise, Id have to say the first episode, Broken Bow. It really is a strong start to the series. But One of the best episodes was the two parter Shockwave, the seaosn finale of 1 and the first opener of season 2. All four series are on Netflix and are worth a watch.

I'll look into that, then! Cheers DE101! Very Happy

~Valeyard
Valeyard
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down