NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

5 posters

Go down

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Empty Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post  Umbridge Sat 02 Aug 2014, 01:51

I'm looking forward to this, even if the hastiness of just shoving every DC character that ever existed into this film is a bit worry. Razz I saw a leaked version of the SDCC teaser, looks great! Unfortunately it's been removed from YouTube though.

There's been pics of Superman, Batman and even Wonder Woman though. They're all looking brilliant! Even though I have worries about this film, I'm getting really excited! Very Happy

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Articl10

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice _1400010

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice 10310610

Discuss! Very Happy
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Empty Re: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sat 02 Aug 2014, 13:58

I'd put this out of mind, but thanks for reminding me. I can't wait, being a big Batman fan (or Batfan Laughing). I never saw what the big fuss was about with Ben Aflek getting the Batman role. Generally in these sorts of films, the one consistency is good acting even if the film is terrible. Look at the Catwoman film. Terrible film and appalling writing (with a catnip scene that just should not exist) but a good Catwoman character. Who plays Wonder Woman? I don't easily recognise actors.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Empty Re: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post  Umbridge Sat 02 Aug 2014, 17:22

The Fourth Doctor wrote:Who plays Wonder Woman? I don't easily recognise actors.

TFD Big Grin

Gal Gadot. Worringly she's a model first and then an actress, so people are naturally worried that they've only hired her because she's good looking and not because she's a good actress. She's been in 'The Fast and Furious' films, where she was decent. Hopefully Zack Snyder and the gang know what they're doing and they've chosen the right lady.
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sat 02 Aug 2014, 20:31

I'm pretty sure she'll be at least OK in the role. As I said, casting is usually good in films like this. It's the writing or bad directing that can make an actor look bad. Of course, her role in the film may also be minimal, despite her character in the comics being big.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Sat 02 Aug 2014, 22:32

Man of Steel was excellent and I really love the film Very Happy I am worried about this film but also very excited to see Batman again and I am very intrigued to see Ben Afffleck as Bruce Wayne. I'm also excited to see how Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman.
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  NigelFromSpace Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:05

haha superheros like these lot as so unrealistic i mean it isnt scientifically possible that someone could be born on another planet and then just come down here and suddenly be able to breath all our air like he does on hismplanet? doesnt make sense. plus it seems like leftie propaganda because it is saying that all immigrants are great which is not true.
NigelFromSpace
NigelFromSpace
User

Fav' Movie Character : Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:24

Interesting view. But you do realise that superhero films are meant to be unrealistic. That's what makes them fun. Something you know could never happen, but for those few seconds in the cinema when something awesome happens, you believe it is real, then come back to reality. It's why we watch stuff like this. We know it's silly, but it's why we like it. Not sure about the 'leftie propaganda' though.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Sun 03 Aug 2014, 14:19

NigelFromSpace wrote:haha superheros like these lot as so unrealistic i mean it isnt scientifically possible that someone could be born on another planet and then just come down here and suddenly be able to breath all our air like he does on hismplanet? doesnt make sense. plus it seems like leftie propaganda because it is saying that all immigrants are great which is not true.

It's called suspension of disbelief, and it's for the purpose of entertainment. Your profile says that your favourite TV character is the Doctor; you do realise that Doctor Who is unrealistic, too? An alien bloke with two hearts who can change his face and cheat death, travelling in time and space in a box that's bigger on the inside... Surely you suspend your disbelief of these bizarre things for the pure imagination of it when you're watching? Wink

As for immigration... Please keep subjects and matters of politics to the relevant section, and when you do please remain respectful about it, under Rules 3 and 6. This is your final verbal warning. Thanks for understanding. Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  NigelFromSpace Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:35

Scary wrote:
NigelFromSpace wrote:haha superheros like these lot as so unrealistic i mean it isnt scientifically possible that someone could be born on another planet and then just come down here and suddenly be able to breath all our air like he does on hismplanet? doesnt make sense. plus it seems like leftie propaganda because it is saying that all immigrants are great which is not true.

It's called suspension of disbelief, and it's for the purpose of entertainment. Your profile says that your favourite TV character is the Doctor; you do realise that Doctor Who is unrealistic, too? An alien bloke with two hearts who can change his face and cheat death, travelling in time and space in a box that's bigger on the inside... Surely you suspend your disbelief of these bizarre things for the pure imagination of it when you're watching? Wink

As for immigration... Please keep subjects and matters of politics to the relevant section, and when you do please remain respectful about it, under Rules 3 and 6. This is your final verbal warning. Thanks for understanding. Bounce

well i think that the doctor is more realistic than superman because it is scientifically possible for an alien race like dr who's to develop time travel but it think it isnt likely that an alien spaceship could fly away from an exploding planet and fall into a corn field, be unharmed and grow up to be a a superhero?! i just think it is all a bit unlikely.
NigelFromSpace
NigelFromSpace
User

Fav' Movie Character : Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Sun 03 Aug 2014, 18:27

Well it is in the Science Fiction genre meaning anything is possible !
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 03 Sep 2014, 17:00

Looking at these photos again, anyone excited for the action figures we will probably get from this? Has anyone seen pictures of what the Batmobile fully looks like?

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Wed 03 Sep 2014, 18:12

If the Batman and Wonder Woman figures are anything like the 'Man of Steel' 6" Superman figure, they'll be great!

This is the only other photo of the Batmobile at the moment:

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Zack-Snyder-Batman-vs-Superman-Batmobile-Tease-Enhanced

Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 03 Sep 2014, 18:16

Looks good at the moment. I liked the tank version used in the last three films, but it didn't look very car-like. At the moment, DC films seem to be going away from the gothic/1920s-30s look that the comics, games and cartoons have shown (I suppose grunge is more realistic and that's what DC aim for at the moment). I love the 1989 Batmobile, but that is too Art Deco for the feel of the films, but it looks a little more car-like this time.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:02

Looks like someone was listening to your request, TFD! Very Happy

Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:06

Looks good. What I was sort of hoping for. Looks like a car, less like a tank, but still realistic enough to look as though it could be made now and do what it does. Nice.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:46

Hmm, not the biggest Batman fan (personally prefer Spider - Man and Green Lantern) but this film might be a good jumping on point for me to get into some other DC stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:56

CarrotJuice wrote:Hmm, not the biggest Batman fan (personally prefer Spider - Man and Green Lantern) but this film might be a good jumping on point for me to get into some other DC stuff!

Hopefully this'll turn out to be a decent enough film to get you into DC in some way. I really do recommend the comics. Try some 'classics' like The Killing Joke, Hush, Arkham Asylum or The Man Who Laughs.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:49

The Fourth Doctor wrote:
CarrotJuice wrote:Hmm, not the biggest Batman fan (personally prefer Spider - Man and Green Lantern) but this film might be a good jumping on point for me to get into some other DC stuff!

Hopefully this'll turn out to be a decent enough film to get you into DC in some way. I really do recommend the comics. Try some 'classics' like The Killing Joke, Hush, Arkham Asylum or The Man Who Laughs.

TFD Big Grin

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pipp Sun 14 Sep 2014, 14:11

I'm looking forward to this film. I'm more of a Marvel girl but this film looks really interesting. Even if it is is bad then it'll still be a fun experience to see Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on screen together!
Pipp
Pipp
User

Fav' Movie Character : Loki

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:10

Pipp wrote:I'm looking forward to this film. I'm more of a Marvel girl but this film looks really interesting. Even if it is is bad then it'll still be a fun experience to see Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on screen together!
I suppose this should be the mindset for everyone to have before seeing a film (unless they are a professional critic). One should enjoy the experience of going to see a film and enjoy the film in some way at the time of watching and feel at least partly satisfied that the however large amount of money was worth watching the film. Even if a film turns out to be bad in retrospect (e.g. SW epi. I-III) they are in some part enjoyable to watch in the first viewing without knowing what they will be like. With most films I go to watch, either TV, DVD or cinema, I have neither high expectations, nor atrocious ones. All I expect is to be entertained.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down