NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman

2 posters

Go down

Batman Empty Batman

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sat 02 Aug 2014, 14:13

Anyone read Batman comics or graphic novels? I am way behind (by about a year) on Batman monthly comics (originally Batman Legends). I love reading some graphic novels and try to get some of the late 80s and 90s stuff that is so good it's printed now. Recently finished The Man Who Laughs. Fantastic story and great title to use (if you are aware of the Joker's appearance origins).

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Batman Empty Re: Batman

Post  Cromwell Sun 03 Aug 2014, 12:10

Have you read Batman R.I.P? Great graphic novel. One of Morrison's finest works.
Cromwell
Cromwell
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:20

I think I've heard of it. It's a little harder to come across some of the more unusual stories out there. I don't live anywhere near a solid comics store nor are they ever advertised in anything I read.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Cromwell Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:41

The Fourth Doctor wrote:I think I've heard of it. It's a little harder to come across some of the more unusual stories out there. I don't live anywhere near a solid comics store nor are they ever advertised in anything I read.

TFD Big Grin

I think you might be able to get it off Amazon or somewhere like that. Have you read The Dark Knight Returns by the way? That is very good (from before Frank Miller went a bit... weird) Razz
Cromwell
Cromwell
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:43

No. I mainly stick to the comics that come monthly. I am always on the lookout though for new stuff. I've even had a look in on some Star Wars stuff. I just need to catch up on my comics first though.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Cromwell Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:48

The Fourth Doctor wrote:No. I mainly stick to the comics that come monthly. I am always on the lookout though for new stuff. I've even had a look in on some Star Wars stuff. I just need to catch up on my comics first though.

TFD Big Grin
 I'm guessing by the monthly stuff you mean the Titan reprints of the Batman comics? Both myself and Scary sometimes get them when we can (not together of course  :laugh: ).
Cromwell
Cromwell
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:51

Yes. It's the only one I can really get around here and the stuff it prints is good and relatively mainstream Batman universe stuff. Very little superpower stuff comes into it which is the sort of thing I like.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Cromwell Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:54

The Fourth Doctor wrote:Yes. It's the only one I can really get around here and the stuff it prints is good and relatively mainstream Batman universe stuff. Very little superpower stuff comes into it which is the sort of thing I like.

TFD Big Grin

Ah right! They used to print a Superman one as well but that lasted only about five issues before becoming Batman/Superman. Razz Do you get the regular Batman one or Batman: Arkham? Both are very good stuff can be confusing sometimes as to which is which due to the covers being pretty similar.  Batman
Cromwell
Cromwell
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 03 Aug 2014, 14:04

I get the ordinary Batman one: the one that isn't a stupid size. My only hate of the two running alongside is the fact that the print one story in one and the other part in another, like the Joker face thing. It's fine and they explain in the one I get in great detail as effectively it is two different stories that need a background, but it's a little pet hate. My mum pays for me to have a subscription so I couldn't have both. Besides, the one I have carries on from the one I started on.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Cromwell Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:47

The Fourth Doctor wrote:I get the ordinary Batman one: the one that isn't a stupid size. My only hate of the two running alongside is the fact that the print one story in one and the other part in another, like the Joker face thing. It's fine and they explain in the one I get in great detail as effectively it is two different stories that need a background, but it's a little pet hate. My mum pays for me to have a subscription so I couldn't have both. Besides, the one I have carries on from the one I started on.

TFD Big Grin

Yes I know what you mean it can be quite annoying when that sort of thing happens. I sort of wish that they would just publish one Batman comic as opposed to several different ones. That way the stories could be told easier and without having to search for the rest of the story in a comic you might not buy in the first place. Razz What do you think of the Nightwing/Batwoman back up strips by the way?
Cromwell
Cromwell
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:58

The Nightwing comic and Batwoman comic? Never read anything Nightwing as I've never got hold of any of them. As for Batwoman, I read the end of Hydrology Volume 1 as it was in the first few issues of Batman Legends I bought, but read nothing since. I'm tempted to buy the full thing and just get the subsequent volumes rather than go back and find the previous comics I missed. It was good from what I read of it and reviews seem good too. Hope they print it in paperback.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down