NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)

4 posters

Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Empty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)

Post  The Fourth Doctor Thu 14 Aug 2014, 14:14

Anyone have TMNT figures? Mine are from the 2003 series. I believe pretty much all of the figures for the Ninja Turtles were and still are released by Playmates. I have Mikey, Don, Raph (and a Leo on the way). I also have Leo and Raph in skooter/skater gear. I need to get a Shredder or custom make one and I need a decent Splinter to add to the collection. I personally loved the 2003 series (watching it again) and the figures more so as the cartoon and figures are much more faithful to the slightly darker comic. Might even animate these guys some day.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)

Post  Umbridge Thu 14 Aug 2014, 15:28

I love the 2003 series. Grew up with it. The figures were also the first line of toys I collected religiously (my first ever action figures were Star Wars, but I didn't actually collect them until 2005 onwards).

I still have all four turtles, Splinter, a Foot solder and the Shredder. They're in a big dusty old toy box now though. The only one I have to hand is Shredder:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) DSCN3116

He's pretty beaten up in places and he's very dusty, but I'm glad I still have him. He was my favourite action figure for a long time. I love this design of the Shredder, definitely my favourite. Although I enjoy the '80s version, this Shredder is definitely the best in my eyes.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the unmasked version. It was always the one that I wanted the most but never did get my hands on.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Shredder_2003_Armorized_figure

Great line, and awesome that there are others here who collect/collected it, too! cheers
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student

Back to top Go down

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Empty Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)

Post  The Fourth Doctor Thu 14 Aug 2014, 15:53

It is a brilliant line. I love the style of Shredder in this series. The styles are quite faithful to the comics and the tone is darker, but still appropriate for children. I grew up with the 2003 series and like you Scary, was the first line of figures I collected. Never had many, but I had all four Turtles in some variation. I never had villains, so they battled imaginary ones or cars or Darth Vader. I'm still after either masked or unmasked shredder and a decent Splinter. Probably the one from 2003 or the recent line and I'll repaint him. I may make some Foot Ninjas out of Spiderman figures. I'm not too keen on the recent line articulation on the new Foot Ninjas.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:26

I never had these figures myself but do remember going round to my neighbours house who also collected figures. He allowed me to play with his TMNT Figures and my favorite was definitely Shredder and Splinter. Even though my favorite Turtle is Donatello.
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:37

Raph was always my favourite as a kid, but going back and watching the cartoons now, Donnie is my favourite. I always had a soft spot for him as he was my favourite figure out of the few I had.

A few years after the stopped selling these figures, I found a normal Raph for sale at a Hindu Temple fundraiser in my area. Had to get it (only about 50p) and in really good nick. I had Mikey and Donnie in normal dress. I'm gonna complete the Turtles when my Leo arrives in a few days. I'll post a few pickies when it comes. Bounce 

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:08

Looking forward to the pics! Very Happy

Leo has always been my favourite of the bunch. Not really sure why. I think it was to do with the fact that he was the wise leader, but also I preferred the colour blue. Razz I have three younger sisters and we all used to watch it, and because there were four of us we all chose a turtle each. Leo was the one I was assigned to. Ahh, good memories! :laugh:
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Tue 19 Aug 2014, 18:27

I said I'd post pictures, so here is my little collection. I'll add to it with maybe the Battle Shell vehicle, Splinter and a few Foot Ninja. The Leo I got recently.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Turtle10

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Turtle11

I have a new Shredder that my mum bought for me. Not the 2003 version that I love, but this one is nice and I have grown to love it with the cool cape. I made him a staff that I could stick a blade on that came with my Don. This version comes with no weapons. He doesn't really need any as his armour is enough, but he feels a little bare to me without having grown up with the 2003 series.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Turtle12

And as a group.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Turtle13

I will update when I get more. Now I have the Turtles and Shredder, I will probably do an animation with them. I'll post that if I do.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:51

Great photos TFD ! Love that Donnie figure Very Happy
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:35

I think he's my favourite figure (and I'm not just saying that because he's my favourite character). He probably looks the best out of all of them when posed as the articulation is not the best on these figures.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:16

I used to have the same sort of figures. From the same show and line, but the more articulated ones. Used to love them I did
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:26

What were the more articulated ones? Mine are on the 5 inch scale, have a 360 head, ball jointed shoulders, a swivel elbow (not a joint), swivel wrists and ball jointed hips. Did yours have knees? Any chance of a posting a picture of either yours or one from the internet?

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:48

I'd definitely be interested in updated versions with better articulation if they exist! Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:55

I've had a look online and seen this 'Mystic Fury' line. It obviously was a later line (2007 or something) but still in the same style as the 2003 series. I think the Turtles had body art and new weapons (no holsters though) based on a specific episode(s) or film. There isn't much info. All I can find is the figures really. They have goofy faces, body art, but superb articulation. A little pricey online, not that I want to get these.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) 9274

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Thu 21 Aug 2014, 18:15

Not liking the body art or the facial expressions, personally. Hopefully they'll redo these figures with better articulation but a more screen accurate look - they recently did new improved versions of the original '80s Turtles figures so there could be hope for improved 2003 versions down the road. Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Thu 21 Aug 2014, 18:20

I hope so. I'm very tempted by the 80s cartoon, highly articulated figures. I may get the full set of four. They're bigger than standard size Turtles figures. They're in the 7 inch scale rather than 5 inch, so may come in handy when battling Batman. The 2003 5 inch scale figures I have will do for ordinary animation with many other characters.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:35

The Fourth Doctor wrote:What were the more articulated ones? Mine are on the 5 inch scale, have a 360 head, ball jointed shoulders, a swivel elbow (not a joint), swivel wrists and ball jointed hips. Did yours have knees? Any chance of a posting a picture of either yours or one from the internet?

TFD Big Grin
No longer have mine, but they did have jointed elbows and knees, and the toes as well
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum