NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicide Squad

5 posters

NerdSoup :: The Soup :: DC

Go down

Suicide Squad Empty Suicide Squad

Post  NigelFromSpace Sat 06 Aug 2016, 14:30

i saw this last night and it wwas very good, i really liked harlie quinn Wink
have any of you seen it?
NigelFromSpace
NigelFromSpace
User

Fav' Movie Character : Hal

Back to top Go down

Suicide Squad Empty Re: Suicide Squad

Post  Minty Cyberman Sat 06 Aug 2016, 15:00

Well I thought it was a most invigorating film, filled with action adventure and.... certain feminine attributes. Wink
Minty Cyberman
Minty Cyberman
User

Fav' Movie Character : Rick Blaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Valeyard Sat 06 Aug 2016, 21:12

Well, I just got back from seeing it with two of my good friends. Is it better than Batman v Superman?

Meh.

There are good things and bad things about the film, like Batman v Superman. But I can safely say it's way more fun, less political-driven and overall, more entertaining. However, there are issues I have with it. One being Harley Quinn. I think Margot Robbie is a fantastic actress and would make for a great Harley Quinn, the only problem is, they turn what was an interesting, complex and abused character into an insane psychotic sex object. The moment she starts talking to the prison guard in her first scene, I knew I wouldn't like her as much as I did in the comics. Katana pops out of nowhere, not giving us any introduction to her, she just jumps randomly in and we don't see her character go anywhere until the final act, but she's thankfully a lot better and more tolerable than Harley. The other issue I have is the villain, who I won't give away, but their plot is dull, uninteresting and same-old. Had potential, but ends up lackluster.

However...

Will Smith and Jai Courtney as Deadshot and Captain Boomerang respectively, were easily the best characters in the film. They're witty, funny and incredibly enjoyable to watch, and Deadshot has a lot of heart to him, and gets the most character development out of all the squad, whereas Boomerang provides the perfect comic relief, and is brilliantly over the top and silly, something the DC Extended Universe needs more of. Amanda Waller is great too, and her interactions with Rick Flag are cool to see. The action scenes are enjoyable to watch, it's got it's fair share of comedic moments, and Jared Leto as The Joker, while nowhere near as good as Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson from what we've seen so far, is good, and I hope to see more of him in upcoming films.

Overall, the film doesn't deserve the low critic scores it's getting, but it's by no means an amazing film. I'd give it 3.5 stars, better than Batman V Superman, a step in the right direction, but still needs work. Smile

~Valeyard
Valeyard
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  DoctorWho69 Wed 10 Aug 2016, 20:11

I saw this today, really enjoyed it - the characters were great, especially Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Captain Boomerang.
DoctorWho69
DoctorWho69
User

Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Wed 10 Aug 2016, 20:56

Saw this yesterday! It was good but not the best.

The story was weak, as was the villain (which is a shame because I really like Cara). However, I really enjoyed the characterisation of Deadshot, Harley, Amanda Waller and Colonel Flag. Will Smith was probably the highlight of the film. Margot Robbie was also great, but Harley has perhaps been over-hyped.

As for the Joker, Jared Leto's portrayal has potential, but the weird gold-encrusted underground clubbing sex-crazed gangster pimp master direction they went with him just seems really out of character for the Joker. Yes, the Joker is a gangster, but not this 'type' of gangster. And instead of unnerving and disturbing me like Heath Ledger's Joker did, he was just irritating and dislikeable (which the Joker should be, but here probably not in the right ways). And of course he wasn't actually in it much like the trailers would suggest he is, he was more part of Harley's back story than a major part of the film. Either way I think he has potential to be really good at the character though in future films, I'm sure.

And of course, my favourite part of the film was the 30 seconds of Batman. That's really all I came to see, to be honest. Razz Affleck really is just awesome as Batman, and I can't wait to see more of him and see him serve some proper justice to these guys.

So all in all, I'd say it was good but nothing spectacular. Not something I'll probably watch again. I'm more interested in seeing more of Batman and Superman.Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

NerdSoup :: The Soup :: DC

Permissions in this forum: