NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Movie of All Time

+4
Kambei
TheIronLad
BeepTheMeep
Withdrawn_Wolf
8 posters

Go down

Favorite Movie of All Time  Empty Favorite Movie of All Time

Post  Withdrawn_Wolf Mon 08 Apr 2013, 21:56

Whats your favorite movie of all time? Smile
Personally my favourite movie of all time is Up. Need I explain why? It’s what I think of when I hear the words perfect movie. It is a master piece. One of the most perfect family films that has ever been made, it is very funny, has memorable characters, is funny, is charming, is romantic, is colourful, is clever, the plot is simple but effective. If you don’t know the story, a little boy meets a little girl and they eventually fall in love due to their love of adventure and of travel. They promise each other that they will go on an adventure one day and say they will live on the top of a mountain at Paradise Falls, a water fall in South America. However as they grow older, the dream keeps fading until the girl’s untimely death. Due to the loss of his wife the little boy is now a depressed old man who is about to lose his home, so he takes matters into his own hands and actually flies his house to South America searching for that land he and his wife has always wanted. Along the way he meets characters such as a boy scout called Russell who wants to help the old man, a strange rare bird who is addicted to chocolate, a talking dog called Doug, and the old pilot who inspired the boy and girl all those years ago and his search for the bird has brought him to the point of madness. The story may not sound like much, in fact it sounds silly. And yeah, it is silly. A house covered in balloons and a talking dog, but it is a kid’s film and the way its presented makes it seem like it could be done in real life. And that’s what the film does; it pulls you in during every scene and with every character because the dramatic moments are as equally as powerful. You identify with the girl and the boy, Russell, the dog and even the bird. Everyone has talked about the first 10 minutes of the film and how powerful they are, and yeah. It is one of the most powerful moments in film history. Its they’re life together as a couple till old age. It’s really powerful as there is little dialog. And really, I didn’t think they could top it. But boy was I wrong. That scene half way through when the old man discovers his wife’s Adventure book after he snaps at Russell is the most powerful thing I have ever seen in film. I can’t help myself, but every time I see it I cry like a baby. It is that good. The film is so imaginative, colourful and amazing that it is impossible not to get drawn in by it. The bird never speaks but it has a lot of laughs and emotion, the boy and the old man’s conversations are well played and are really heart breaking at points, the way they get the personality of a dog to be perfect by giving it a voice box is genius; even the side villains are brilliant. Alpha’s voice was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Yeah it’s cheap but when you put that voice next to that evil body, perfect comedy. Up has the perfect amount of drama, comedy, kid moments, adult moments, action and romance. It doesn’t need an over the top story or big action scenes; but the ones they do have are amazing, the characters are so good and likable that it makes up for anything it might miss out, and they don’t miss anything out. The characters are all you need. I cant think of anything wrong with the film, the more I try to find something the more good things I find with it. The love is amazing, the characters are likable and the plot even though it sounds stupid it is brilliant. It’s a strange story yeah but how many stories do you know that are this good and are like the everyday world? For these reasons and more, if I needed more, that is why Up is my favourite movie of all time. Smile
Withdrawn_Wolf
Withdrawn_Wolf
User

Job/hobbies : Writing, Novelist

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movie of All Time  Empty Re: Favorite Movie of All Time

Post  BeepTheMeep Tue 09 Apr 2013, 16:30

One of them is Anchorman. Sutekh(I'll still call you that whether you like it or not Razz ), Anchorman waddles up to all that beautiful stuff you said about Up, throws up on it, and bursts out laughing. Razz

BeepTheMeep
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Mon 29 Apr 2013, 16:06

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey is my favourite film !
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kambei Wed 01 May 2013, 19:08

In no particular order (and a very fluid) Top Ten:

The Seven Samurai/Shichinin no samurai (Japan, 1954 Dir. Akira Kurosawa)
Casablanca
King Kong (original 1933)
Metropolis (1927)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Apollo 13
The Magnificent Seven
Bride of Frankenstein
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Forbidden Planet

Kambei
User

Back to top Go down

Post  ASSIMILATION39 Tue 07 May 2013, 21:20

My favourite film is Avengers Assemble. Its a great film!
These are my top five films:
1. Avengers Assemble
2. Star wars "the empire strikes back"
3. Spider-man
4. The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey
5. The Dark Knight Rises
ASSIMILATION39
ASSIMILATION39
User

Job/hobbies : collecting
Fav' Movie Character : superman (henry cavill)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Sat 15 Jun 2013, 17:47

MAN OF STEEL ! SO GUUUUUUUUUUUUUD !BounceVery Happy
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  ASSIMILATION39 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 21:26

This is my updated list =
1. man of steel
2. the hobbit - an unexpected journey
3. lord of the rings - the fellowship of the ring
4. star wars - the empire strikes back
5. the dark knight rises
ASSIMILATION39
ASSIMILATION39
User

Job/hobbies : collecting
Fav' Movie Character : superman (henry cavill)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammaza Wed 24 Jul 2013, 00:02

My favourite movie of all time hands down is 'Fight Club'. I cannot see a single flaw in that movie, Edward Norton's reactions to everything that happens during the film is utterly harsh, believable and depressingly relatable. Fight Club is Brad Pitt's finest work, in his portrayal of Tyler Durden he shows the 'tough guy' image with his treatment of the other characters but shows that even he is as flawed, dangerous and broken as the others. Helena Bonham Carter who is one of my favourite actresses addresses Marla tragically and beautifully, and the directorial style of Fight Club is unmatched perhaps even to this day. The progression of Edward Norton's narrator from depressed insomniac who is tired of life to terrified clueless friend of Tyler's is astonishing, and all of the violence in the film isn't made to look glamorous or 'cool', it's made to look dark, sick and as full of black humor as the rest of the film is.

Jammaza
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin's Customs Wed 24 Jul 2013, 16:18

My Current top 5 have got to be

1. Star Trek IV The Voyage Home
2. Dave
3. Iron Man
4. King Ralph
5. Back to the Future
Kevin's Customs