NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space

5 posters

Go down

Space Empty Space

Post  BeepTheMeep Tue 09 Apr 2013, 16:13

Let's talk about space, AKA the only reason I care for science. Razz

BeepTheMeep
User

Back to top Go down

Space Empty Re: Space

Post  Pendrin Tue 09 Apr 2013, 16:26

Much as I love all science, I do find astronomy particularly fascinating, being one of the more physical sciences and its effects all the more observable.
I'd really recommend watching some of Vsause's videos on the subject. It's really quite amazing what's out there!
There is one rather depressing one on there discussing whether or not we'll ever get to another star. Don't say I warned you Razz
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

https://nerdsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeepTheMeep Tue 09 Apr 2013, 16:32

Phoenix wrote:Much as I love all science, I do find astronomy particularly fascinating, being one of the more physical sciences and its effects all the more observable.
I'd really recommend watching some of Vsause's videos on the subject. It's really quite amazing what's out there!
There is one rather depressing one on there discussing whether or not we'll ever get to another star. Don't say I warned you Razz
Yes, Vsauce. You wouldn't believe it, but on YouTube there's someone with a brain larger than a tadpole. Razz

BeepTheMeep
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Withdrawn_Wolf Tue 09 Apr 2013, 16:38

Used to be really into it when i was in like Primary 7, not so much any more though. Pluto has 4 moons instead of 3 yay, its like a whole new world Razz
Withdrawn_Wolf
Withdrawn_Wolf
User

Job/hobbies : Writing, Novelist

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin Tue 09 Apr 2013, 16:39

Very true, Beep, very true Razz
Although that does point to the fact that not everything you seen on YouTube is 100% valid, so I tend to stick to the experts as far as this topic is concerned.
SixtySymbols, Numberphile and the like are pretty good too, because the people on there really know their stuff!
I am quite grateful that there are people who put this stuff up on there - so much better than a book!

Anyway, BOT. Enough ranting from me.
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  EvolvedPariah Fri 12 Apr 2013, 22:45

Ah space, Though I'm not wildly interested in astronomy, because I find the subject far too wide. I prefer cosmology and astrobiology. I find many aspects of astrophysics very interesting, but I must say, I prefer my sciences here, on Earth.

As a side note, you guys have awesome taste in videos! Smile
EvolvedPariah
EvolvedPariah
User

Job/hobbies : Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 26 May 2013, 11:58

One of my favourite areas of Physics. It links with particle Physics which I love and there's just so much to learn. I love Friday mornings (Physics lesson) when we can just have a huge discussion about the Universe. I also loved my teacher saying to one of my friends when he asked after rather complicated debate 'You want me to explain relativity?' We had a few minuets left of the lesson and really needed to get on with exam preparation type work.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin Sun 09 Jun 2013, 15:53

Here's a neat little site I stumbled across, that shows you the relative distance to Mars: http://www.distancetomars.com/
It's really quite scary when you think how small the Earth is there and how large the distance is even then. It's just so hard to picture how much of space is just…empty!
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down