NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Williams

Go down

Mrs Williams Empty Mrs Williams

Post  Guest Thu 23 May 2013, 22:19

I just recently re-worked an old short descriptive story that I wrote just after The Angels Take Manhattan had aired. I hope you enjoy.

There was a scorching ripple of sunlight, and dust floating around the air frantically, as if tormented. I looked beyond the window pane, which had recently been repainted a smooth scarlet red colour. Although fresh, the paint was beginning to crust.
I noticed a woman.
She was wearing her finest jacket, beige in colour. Its pockets had an interior made of the smoothest and most expensive of silks. Knots were finely tied with laces that had been sewn onto the jacket. It fitted her perfectly. Her poignant, elegant figure sporting the jacket revealed an underlying white and blue striped vest. There were creases here and there, but she managed to pull this look off.
She wore a golden necklace with a small locket at its centre. It rested on her smooth peach skin, but sometimes managed to tangle in her fiery red hair. Her hair swayed to the vicious rhythm of the wind as she stood on a street corner, trying to find her way around New York City. Her hair masked her face, so beautiful and sensual. It looked to me as if she was upset, but she looked happy in her own lustrous and hopeful way.
She was searching, her eyes were searching. She was looking for me. From afar, I could not admire her beauty for any longer. I had to meet her beauty to rediscover, and admire it closely.
I walked swiftly out of the café. I slowly paced to the corner where she was standing. The stench of morning hot dogs and giant pretzels was gruesome.
She walked on, so I followed her momentarily. Tears streamed down my face having discovered what she had done, for me, to be with me, of all places.
I could not resist the temptation any longer. Why was I holding back? No longer would this be.
I ran.
I ran towards her and stopped behind her. She turned, having heard a young man panting for breath. It was me. I was Mr Williams, her dashing husband, doting father, and the one that she wanted to be with.
She wrapped her arms around me, and blinked…

Back to top Go down