NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

comic books and graphic novels debate

+2
TheIronLad
ironmankid123
6 posters

Go down

comic books and graphic novels debate Empty comic books and graphic novels debate

Post  ironmankid123 Sun 09 Jun 2013, 12:36

for years people have said comic books and graphic novels have no differences when they have quite a lot. like for example its a lot bigger and usually costs quite abit more !!!! Tell me what u think? !!!!Smile
ironmankid123
ironmankid123
User

Back to top Go down

comic books and graphic novels debate Empty Re: comic books and graphic novels debate

Post  TheIronLad Wed 12 Jun 2013, 19:01

I have 2 Marvel Graphic Novels "Civil War" and "Spider-men". Highly recommend them ! Very Happy
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

comic books and graphic novels debate Empty Re: comic books and graphic novels debate

Post  ExplosiveCookie Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:00

I have Nemesis Of The Daleks Graphic novel, lovely stories! I recommend it...in fact I'm looking for it now Razz
ExplosiveCookie
ExplosiveCookie
User

Job/hobbies : animation
Fav' Movie Character : Peter Cushing Doctor

https://www.youtube.com/user/TTTEproductions

Back to top Go down

Post  tombaker64 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:08

I have 2 Batman ones (Year One, Arkham Asylum), one Iron Man one (The Five Nightmares) and V for Vendetta, all of which I highly recommend!Very Happy

Also, Scary have you tried Amazon? Graphic Novels are usually around £10 on there or at least they were when I last checked.
tombaker64
tombaker64
User

Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:20

I have (here we go Razz) Dragon Claw, Tides of Time, Voyager, WorldShapers, Assimilation2, and Star Trek volume one. tbh, i think that Graphic novels are just a bunch on comic stories in one
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kambei Fri 14 Jun 2013, 09:23

I have been buying comics and graphic novels since the early 1970s. Some of the earliest GNs were the old Marvel Treasury editions that collected 4 to 6 issues together in a newspaper sized edition.

I came to prefer graphics quite a few years ago for several reasons:

a) Less clutter. Collects all the issues together neatly
b) Extras. Artwork, sketches, script pages, interviews with writers and artists, concept art and sometimes exclusive extra story pages. Plus the added advantage of sometimes getting all the alternate covers without having to buy four copies of the same comic
c) Costs the same or less than buying all the issues individually (especially if there are alternate covers)
d) Better quality paper and digitally remastered colours with some older stories.

I also buy some of the Marvel Essentials, Dark Horse and DC Showcase collections. They are in black and white, but you can pick up a 500+ page graphic for about £12. I collect the 'Savage Sword of Conan' GNs, so B&W is not an isue as that is how they were originally published. Sometimes it makes the art a lot crisper for the older comics as the original colours were not great in the 1960s.

Some graphics can be expensive, but you need to ask yourself how much it would cost to buy all of the individual issues to get the equivalent. I agree Amazon is best for this. You could also try Waterstones online as they are cheaper than going into the shops.

Kambei
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Fri 14 Jun 2013, 16:42

WH Smith is the place to go for Graphic Novels.
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  ironmankid123 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 20:19

Yes i would agree that wh smith have a wide variety of graphic novels this is where i buy mine most of the time, my favourite graphic novel is a captain america graphic novel 1 of 4, its a really amazing novel with great and realistic graphics Very Happy
ironmankid123
ironmankid123
User

Back to top Go down

Post  tombaker64 Mon 17 Jun 2013, 23:19

I'm going to try and read the Marvel Civil War series. They look good and it will be interesting seeing Superheroes fighting each other.Smile
tombaker64
tombaker64
User

Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down