NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.E...

+2
MarthaJonesFan
BeepTheMeep
6 posters

Go down

P.E... Empty P.E...

Post  BeepTheMeep Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:29

Discuss the nightmarish, evil lesson here...

BeepTheMeep
User

Back to top Go down

P.E... Empty Re: P.E...

Post  MarthaJonesFan Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:42

Eurgh, horrible lesson. Absolutely horrible. I don't have it anymore due to triple Science and an extra English and Maths lesson being added this school year, though.
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan
User

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 16:57

I gave the head of PE a massive piece of my mind this afternoon, with some aggressive and colourful language. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  ImLokiAndIKnowIt Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:39

I like it if it's basketball or throwing something in indoor athletics. Nothing else is tolerable. Razz
ImLokiAndIKnowIt
ImLokiAndIKnowIt
User

Job/hobbies : Drama/Rock music
Fav' Movie Character : The Joker (from Batman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:15

I'm not the best at it, but I am lucky to have an AMAZING teacher who does everything to make our lessons fun. We get a lot of freedom and if we have a bad sport for our 3 week session, then he'll do what he can for it to be interesting. I like the lesson to just unwind and relieve some stress. I'm not very good and have terrible hand-eye co-ordination so it means I can't throw, hit or catch a ball. The only thing I can catch is a cold! I understand why the National Curriculum requires us to do this and think that, as much as people hate it, it is needed. Some people wouldn't get much exercise if it wasn't for PE, so I think it is a very valuable and stress-less subject.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:31

Yeah, I agree with you GeekChic, there are some people in my PE class that don't even exercise at all out of school. Quite shocking, really.

Back to top Go down

Post  tombaker64 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 20:37

I quite like PE personally as it gives you a bit of a break instead of sitting behind a desk for hours on end so you can actually get up and do something.
tombaker64
tombaker64
User

Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  BeepTheMeep Wed 09 Jan 2013, 20:46

tombaker64 wrote:I quite like PE personally as it gives you a bit of a break instead of sitting behind a desk for hours on end so you can actually get up and do something.
I prefer sitting at a desk for hours. P.E itself is bad, but the excruciating pain you suffer the next morning is worse. Razz

BeepTheMeep
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 20:46

tombaker64 wrote:I quite like PE personally as it gives you a bit of a break instead of sitting behind a desk for hours on end so you can actually get up and do something.
Yes I agree with you here. I think this is also the reason I quite enjoy drama. You can get up and move around, it gives you just a bit of time to stretch out and just have some fun. I think I've done more exercise in Drama than I have in PE before. We were doing Physical Theatre warm-up games where we had to move around the room in different ways. We would start on '1' which would be as natural as the character could be then escalate through to '5' which was through the roof, over-the-top crazy as we could make them. This sort of activity gets your whole body involved and something that even PE doesn't even offer- a chance to work your whole body.
If, for example, you are doing Cycling, you will only work you Legs and Core or if you are doing Boxersize then you only work your arms. Drama often gives the opportunity to get your whole body involved.
Back to the original point, its great to get some fresh air as well some times. Being in a classroom can often be stuffy, it can strain your eyes and just get boring. I think, as much as I'm not sporty or good at sport, that PE deserves its place in out timetable with pride.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 21:44

Completely agree with you. And, like GeekChic, it's why I love drama.

Drama just makes me smile, and is something I love doing, getting to move around and put myself in different, and often challenging, scenarios. Also a great way of expressing myself. So, yeah... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalek101 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 22:34

Ill try everything but when we do football, that is just awful. I generally always end up in goal, and often just duck away from the ball. Im not getting hit by no leather ball!
Dalek101
Dalek101
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:22

That's one of the main reasons I don't participate a lot when it's either i) football or ii) rugby. Rugby is just far too brutal a game for me, and football - like said, is annoying when put in goals. I just shy away from the ball in fear of it hitting me in random locations. It's even worse, though, when you get the football fanatics who get annoyed at you because you let the goal in, or whatever other excuses they try and spin at you. As long as you're giving it your best shot - there's nothing else that can be asked for. Even our PE teacher gets up tight when somebody shies away from the ball. They all need to get a grip, to be frank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 16:58

I cannot stand PE at all. I hate all sports (playing them and watching them) so it's no surprise. I agree with Oswin and Scary in that I hate how everyone takes it so seriously - as if it matters. People screaming during PE when someone scores or nearly scores is so annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:12

We're set in PE, which in ways is annoying because it means I'm split off from most of my friend who are in Set 4, yet Im in Set 3. But because we're of a similar ability our lessons are more enjoyable. Even though Im bottom of the class, it means that everyone else is still supportive. Yeah there are some that get a bit carried away, but that is mostly in sports they do the rest of the time. But I enjoy it more than I used to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 17:58

What annoys me about PE is that it is mixed ability. It's obviously not a great way of play.

We're just grouped into classes of approximately 20 pupils, and then we have to get on with it, which I find irritating, because I do have to put up with the more experienced people who get carried away nearly 99.9% of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin Thu 10 Jan 2013, 18:06

I don't have a massive dislike for PE, and I think pathetic people like me are catered for rather well. People in my school are really competitive when it comes to sport, but they're also really supportive if each other. This means that even though I'm rubbish at most things, in a team game, we'll always work out the best place for me to go to ensure success; which is great as I'm not made to feel useless.
Also, all of the sport is organised well. For PE, we do it in our forms, so it means we're in with girls too. This means that the sports are not too tiresome or rough, and there's a nice range of skill. They also find some interesting and varied sports for us to do, some of which we're all beginners,which is also nice.
In Games, we get a choice of which sport we'd like to do every half term. Although it's more gender-orientated and there's some boy/girl-only sports, they always offer a mixed group, and are always flexible if no-one wants to do a certain sport.
The PE staff are quite nice too, and do appreciate that not everyone is an athlete, as long as we put some effort into it and at least try.
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

https://nerdsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum