NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little request

Go down

A little request Empty A little request

Post  Pendrin Wed 13 Feb 2013, 17:20

Hi guys,

This is not a moan or anything, and no-one's in trouble, so there's no need to panic!

Recently, there have been a few reports filed in the forum. Whilst I'm really glad that the system is being used and we're getting feedback, people seem to be sticking to the 'report an abuse' button at the bottom of the page. This is still a valid way of reporting things, however I'd be very grateful if you could use the icon in the top-right corner of the post in question instead.
My reasoning is:
a) Something flashes on my homepage when this is done, meaning I know immediately. With the other report method, I have to manually check the archives in the admin panel to see if anything's happened.
b) I can see which post is being reported. Some of the reports simply say 'breach of rule x'. The link it provides me with will only allow me to go to the page, and even then I can sometimes not see what the reporter is on about!
c) I can see who the reporter is! Some reports say 'Member x is being mean to me and accusing me of y'. I can't see who 'you' are, so it makes my life very difficult when trying to deal with things.
d) Moderators (when they're installed) can see these reports too! Reports are a vital part in keeping order on the forum, and it's the moderators' job to help me with this. If they can't see when something nasty is going on, it's quite hard for them to do anything about it. It's like not calling 999 when your house is on fire and expecting the fire brigade to come to the rescue! The 'bottom-page' method reports can only be accessed through the admin panel, so there's no way for the mods of getting to them!

Thank you! Any problems leave a comment below Smile
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

https://nerdsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A little request Empty Re: A little request

Post  Pendrin Fri 22 Feb 2013, 18:22

Again, I've just had another report sent to me about swearing on a post in a thread. Thank you nameless person for sending me the report, but it meant that I had to read through every post in an entire thread to find this one word, because the whole thread was reported.
In future, please use the report button (with two '!'s on it) in the top right of every post. If you wish to report a post, click it, and, as stated above, it's so much easier for the mods and I to see and deal with.

Thank you!
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

https://nerdsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down