NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fault in Our Stars by John Green

2 posters

Go down

Fault in Our Stars by John Green  Empty Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Post  Withdrawn_Wolf Sun 07 Apr 2013, 21:17

Anyone else read Fault in Our Stars? If so post here and say what you thought of it (No spoilers though) Smile

My opinions, well let me say this, I’m not much of a reader. I’m not one to read books. But this however, this was the best thing I have ever read; if not the best thing ever put on paper. It was remarkable. Truly the greatest, most heart breaking, most beautifully written thing I have ever read. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It is so amazingly written. I couldn’t put it down, I thought I might get one chapter done every week or so. No. I read the book in two sittings and read about 12 chapters a day. I couldn’t put it down, and when I had to I didn’t want to. I want to go back and read it all over again. In fact I’m pretty sure I will as well. I highly recommend this book, expectably to people who want to be novelists and writers. It’s not so much of a book, more of a character study of us all. We all go through things like what tackles us in the book and what it says is true. And the truth hurts. I would give this a read or at least a try. If not read it, get the audio book, get the movie (when it comes out at least, and when it does I’ll definitely be going to watch it) but however you do, make sure you read this book. It is the greatest thing I could ever have imagined. John Green has easily become my favourite writer, and is easily the Charles Dickens of the 21st century. His work is flabbergasting. To make such a hard topic work like this, to make the hard truths of reality seem almost kind by the end is fantastic. And those final chapters are perfect in every way I can describe. I don’t often get teary eyed by books, in fact I’ve never. I do sometimes cry at films on rare occasions, but those last 10 chapters or so; I was holding back the tears all the way through. The characters are perfect, the dialogue is perfect, the pacing is perfect, everything about this book works so well and it is quite possibly the best thing I could imagine. John Green really was at his best while writing this, a novel about life, death and then the people who are stuck in between isn’t easy, but he sold it without any effort and it was perfect in every sense of the word perfect.

Last edited by Withdrawn_Wolf on Mon 08 Apr 2013, 23:03; edited 1 time in total
Withdrawn_Wolf
Withdrawn_Wolf
User

Job/hobbies : Writing, Novelist

Back to top Go down

Fault in Our Stars by John Green  Empty Re: Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Post  Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 21:27

I've read his previous books, and I reasonably enjoyed them, mainly An Abundance of Katherines as it's more light hearted, I don't like reading about depressing stuff as there's enough sadness in the real world.

Back to top Go down

Post  Withdrawn_Wolf Sun 07 Apr 2013, 21:50

DalekSupreme08 wrote:I've read his previous books, and I reasonably enjoyed them, mainly An Abundance of Katherines as it's more light hearted, I don't like reading about depressing stuff as there's enough sadness in the real world.
I agree, but what he wrote is what i find to be amazing and its easily my favorite book Smile
Withdrawn_Wolf
Withdrawn_Wolf
User

Back to top Go down

Post  BeepTheMeep Mon 29 Apr 2013, 19:30

I got this today, quite amazing so far. Razz

BeepTheMeep
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Withdrawn_Wolf Tue 30 Apr 2013, 20:43

BeepTheMeep wrote:I got this today, quite amazing so far. Razz
As i told you!!! SEE?! It is the best thing ever written and it's like.... argh! I still don't know how to decribe it. It's just perfect. End of Razz
Withdrawn_Wolf
Withdrawn_Wolf
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down