NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primeval Stories

Go down

Primeval Stories Empty Primeval Stories

Post  MarthaJonesFan Sun 02 Jun 2013, 00:20

OK those from WC will remember this (hopefully!) but I needed to post this on here so some of the fans could read it...

Primeval Stories 1DouglasJason Primeval Stories 2AndrewLucyAnnabel Primeval Stories 3HannahLailaLenora

Primeval Stories 4RuthLloyd Primeval Stories 5JulietBen Primeval Stories 6Logo

Farewell
By MarthaJonesFan

Jess Parker was sat in her chair at the anomaly detector. As always, it took pride of place in the centre of the main room at the ARC, or the Anomaly Research Centre in full. Jess wore her favourite outfit, a bright red dress with matching high heels and had her wavy brown hair down to just past her shoulders. She jumped up out of her vibrant swivelling chair to give some paperwork to Sir James Lester, so she strutted down the middle of the room, passing Harriet Stafford and Abby Maitland talking; Connor Temple and Mia Turner, the married couple of the team, flirting with each other; and Danny Quinn, the joint team leader. She gave a beaming grin to each and every one of these people whom she saw on a daily basis and considered her closest friends.

Jess daintily knocked on the door of Lester’s office, and Claudia Brown opened it. Lester groaned and moaned about more paperwork but Jess remained cheerful, as she does every minute of every day. The paperwork concerned Helen Cutter, the estranged wife of the other team leader Nick Cutter, who Jess idolised. She constantly plotted against the team, so despite having to deal with these anomalies, they also had to deal with a batty wife. Looking out for any tricks of hers was part of the daily routine of the team and that didn’t look to change in the future.

After she had left the paper on Lester’s desk, she winked at him and Claudia and bounced out of the room. Next task: deliver a cup of tea to Jenny Lewis. She did this every day in order to go and gossip with Jenny, her best friend. She was greeted by Lloyd Daniels when she arrived at her office. The two had rekindled their relationship, despite an age gap of around ten years. Jess stayed for a while, talking with Jenny and Lloyd about all sorts of things, from EastEnders to Helen Cutter to what they were planning to eat for tea that night. Sarah Page entered the room after ten minutes and joined in the conversation. Sarah was an archaeologist and had just become effectively a mother to her niece and nephew after her sister had died from a dinosaur attack.

Unfortunately for her, Jess had a lot more to do, so she decided to leave the other three to it and make her way to Cutter’s office where she also had to drop the paperwork about Helen. Cutter was extremely knowledgeable - previously a lecturer at a university before the anomalies had come about, he was always able to figure out a solution to any problem the team found themselves in. This worked in contrast to his co-leader Danny Quinn, who worked under the “shoot first, ask questions later” motto. Cutter greeted Jess as she bounded into the room, before they had a short discussion about Cutter’s latest discovery. He was developing Sarah and Connor’s theory about anomalies planting background radiation on anyone or anything that travels through one, explaining exactly why they always appeared in the same place.

Jess then skipped back to her desk and sat down, before being joined by Connor, Abby and Mia. These three had been through a lot over the past few years - Abby was initially jealous of Mia but they’ve developed a very strong friendship through what they have in common, which happens to be their love of Connor. All three of them were always very fond of Jess and how quirky she was. They recalled the moment that they first met Mia - scrambling around a town whilst dinosaurs roamed about. She saved them all right from day one. Connor and Mia kissed while Jess grinned on.

Suddenly, Jess had an incoming call picked up by the detector. It was from the other ARC, situated in Lincoln. Katie Smith, who was Claudia and Jenny’s sister, rang up to announce her good news - she was now engaged to her long-term partner Harry Simpson. She’d been through a lot with regards to marriage, struggling with a divorce initially. She was also there with Alex Johnston, a young adult with long blonde hair. Alex was a very close friend of Katie’s, and she often confided in him when she wasn’t having the best day. He was dating fellow team member Georgia Stevens also. Jess and the others passed on their congratulations, and one-by-one, each member of the team came up to the detector to speak to Katie.

Jenny and Lloyd ran in to pass on their congratulations before running out to get home. Her “sister” (long story) Claudia stopped her paper work to express her happiness for her sister also, as did Lester in a rare bout of happiness from him. Harriet and Sarah expressed their delight, whilst Danny told Harry to “get in there”, leading to Jess stamping on his foot. Abby, Connor and Mia were next, before walking off together to go out for a meal. Jess and Cutter were then the only people left in the ARC as it approached closing time. Jess ended the call to Katie, and she picked up her pink coat from the cloakroom before walking out with Cutter, turning off the lights in the ARC. Another boring day at work for Jess Parker. But as they were leaving, an image flashed on the screen, of a woman with short dark hair, wearing khaki combats. She grinned as the image flashed off...

THE END

Primeval Stories Series6Credits

So that's it! Primeval Stories is officially over now, as is its spin off Rips Through Time. I'd like to thank every one of you who has contributed in some way, whether it be through inspiring me to start it in the first place (DoctorWhoDave!), by giving feedback, creating a character or even writing an episode. Thanks for making this series such a success for me over the last few years, and I'm genuinely quite sad that I've had to bring it to an end but I'm afraid it's just that time in my life where I don't have the time or the will to write any more of these stories. I hope you've all enjoyed all five series plus the numerous specials I and others have written for you and please, don't ever forget Primeval Stories! The story goes on, remember. I'll leave you all to imagine what happens between each of the characters in the future. Feel free to leave some messages either here or in the Rips Through Time thread, I'd love to hear some of your thoughts!

So from Cutter, Danny, Connor, Claudia, Jenny, Mia, Abby, Sarah, Harry, Jess, Lloyd, Helen, Lester and I, it's goodnight.
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan
User

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Primeval Stories Empty Re: Primeval Stories

Post  Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 09:30

TBH I thought you'd given these up already seeing as I haven't seen one from you in ages. Razz They were always a good read though, and you managed to do a Primeval fan fiction longer than I did and better than I did, even though you did introduce an X Factor contestant into the team. :laugh:

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan Sun 02 Jun 2013, 13:28

Oh I pretty much had given up. :laugh: Just wanted a bit of closure on this now though, I kept making promises I didn't keep and there really was no point in dragging it out any further!

Thanks for always following this though DS08, my loyal supporter. Razz
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan
User

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down