NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avatar and Signature Thread

+8
AmyNoble
ExplosiveCookie
Dalek101
Whovian14
Pendrin
DalekEmperor101
VirtualDalek
MarthaJonesFan
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Avatar and Signature Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avatar and Signature Thread

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:17

Phoenix, I think there is already a lot of different signatures that we have, we all appear to stand out differently. Oswin has a Signature focussing on one artist, I have an advert for a FanFiction, VirtualDalek has a graphic of iconic Doctor Who creatures and then Explosive cookie has actual images of Doctor who. We all have different signatures already. I'm not sure if I've taken your comment in the way you intended, but I see a lot of variety already Smile

Back to top Go down

The Avatar and Signature Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avatar and Signature Thread

Post  AmyNoble Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:58

May do a better, improved signature one of the days. As I'm always on the computers in Graphics if my teacher lets us have our own time on they one of the days I may go on one of the software's and make a better signature Smile

DalekSupreme08 wrote:Or this one:
The Avatar and Signature Thread - Page 2 Scary%20northern%20sig
Razz

Birmingham is in the South West DS08 Razz

Last edited by AmyNoble on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 13:00; edited 1 time in total
AmyNoble
AmyNoble
User

Job/hobbies : Music, Food, Money, Maths and TV
Fav' Movie Character : Harry Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:59

In short, I don't think you have taken it the right way, sorry :laugh:

I'm only saying that in my opinion, it's a really good sig. Whilst being really simple, it's actually a really quite clever. When I said it stands out, I meant visually - the sandy/orange goes nicely with the colours of the forum.
As for putting it against other sigs, I wasn't really thinking about that, but even then I suppose you could argue it stands out well. Maybe not visually or graphically against other people's, but I'm more on about the intent and message behind it. You've said it yourself, most people's are for promotion of some kind, whether it be their interests, their work or just as a means of identifying themselves really. They all pretty much have the same purpose in one form or another.
Scary's, on the other hand, is simplistic, and isn't trying to be anything. I guess you could say it's an advert for Star Wars and/or his interests, but there's no text explicitly saying it, meaning its purpose is more ambiguous. Personally, I think he wants us to look at the picture and take it for what it is, thereby embracing the deeper message behind it. If you haven't seen Star Wars then you might not understand where I'm coming from, but it really is a beautiful moment in the film.
So really, I think it is interesting as it's not meant to be taken superficially and at face value.
Maybe your tastes are different, but I like things like that.

Don't take this the wrong way, everyone else's sigs are very far from appalling, and some of them are very creative. That one just really stood out to me personally as something which isn't the usual run-of-the-mill.

Anyway, yes, excellent sig Scary. Please keep it Razz
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

https://nerdsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 13:08

I see what you mean, only from the penultimate sentence though Razz The rest wasn't really any help Razz
But yes, I would've said the second image out of the 2 anyway Scary Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 13:43

What signatures do you class as "the usual run-of-the-mill", Phoenix?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 14:56

The stuff we're used to seeing as picture sigs. I can't explain it really. It's mainly adverts or means of expressing oneself.
You've got the artist-type one, like yours and MJF's, which advertise an artist you like. You've got the self-promotion type, and/or as a means of identification, such as EC's and VD's, and then there's the advert type, like GC's, which is advertising something he's doing.
All of them are meant to be taken at face value, in that their message is clean and quick, as in 'WHAM - I like Justin Bieber' or 'WHAM - This post way by VD and I like Daleks' etc. etc..
I like things which are more abstract, wherein the purpose isn't always as obvious. Scary's is a perfect example of that - it's not trying to do anything particular, and you're meant to take the picture for what it is (and also its possible connotations).
I guess it's personally preference.
Pendrin
Pendrin
Administrator

https://nerdsoup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 17:33

Sorry, I'm not very good with explaining things and certainly not very good with words in this type of situation. Sorry if my earlier comments came across as rude,I didn't mean anything by it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:01

New signature. I think it has a very deep meaning in it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:04

Oreos. Yum Razz
All that is to be said XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:05

I know. Razz

Love your new sig, GeekChic! Looks fabulous!

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan Mon 14 Jan 2013, 16:09

Got a brand new avatar and signature of the absolutely STUNNING Mollie King. In fact, the sig pictures are my favourites of her. Wow. <3
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan
User

Fav' Movie Character : n/a

http://meetthevamps.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 22:17

Really like that, Scary! Very Happy Just need to hope my set comes tomorrow now. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 07:59

New signature, and accompanying lyric. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 12:22

New (late) avatar, of my favourite Doctor for February!

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMarioDWFan Sun 03 Feb 2013, 16:00

Got my signature now, definitely like it!
SuperMarioDWFan
SuperMarioDWFan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  VirtualDalek Sun 03 Feb 2013, 16:20

You might want to resize that, it's far too big, it's 3 times as big as your post. Razz
VirtualDalek
VirtualDalek

Job/hobbies : Making a mess and blaming someone else
Fav' Movie Character : Johnny English

https://www.youtube.com/user/virtualdalek

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMarioDWFan Sun 03 Feb 2013, 16:23

I've been sorting that out, I think its worked now. Very Happy
SuperMarioDWFan
SuperMarioDWFan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 18:37

New avatar for March! Pertwee time!

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 21:51

Signature - Cody/Justin/Carly after Friday night <3
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 07:58

Forgot to post about my April Tom Baker avatar, but it's Davison now for May!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sun 26 May 2013, 11:12

Anyone know what I should make as an image for my signature? I'm trying to think of characters that should be making an appearance.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 19:09

Colin Baker this month!

Back to top Go down

Post  MarthaJonesFan Mon 03 Jun 2013, 21:36

New J-Lo signature and lyric for her new single, which may I add is an absolute JAM.
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 22:47

New Clara signature. The GIF is absolutely beautiful, IMO. <3

Back to top Go down

Post  SeaDevil Thu 06 Jun 2013, 21:35

Mine is a Jon Pertwee artwork called "3" by Ross Robinson
SeaDevil
SeaDevil
User

Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next