NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ability to Cope

3 posters

Go down

Ability to Cope Empty Ability to Cope

Post  GhostLord89 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 05:48

As much as I enjoyed "The Dark Knight Rises" I didn't like the fact that Bruce Wayne left Gotham at the end.

Ability to Cope
A story by Andrew DiNanno

Somewhere out in the infinite number of possible parallel universes that might exist is a Gotham where it is believed Batman died flying a nuclear weapon away from the city, where Bruce Wayne was believed dead but in reality ran off to some foreign country with Selina Kyle and lived a happy, quiet life with her but this is not that universe. In this universe, I, Bruce Wayne, at fifty-five years old, sit in a dark, empty Wayne Manor many years after thwarting Bane's plans, just staring off in to space wondering why I didn't listen to now dearly departed Alfred Pennyworth and leave Gotham never to return because there was nothing here for me but pain. Then I see the Bat-Signal shine in the night sky over Gotham. My heart starts racing as I take the elevator down to the Batcave. My "why didn't I" thoughts slowly vanishing from my mind. 

As I start suiting up I think about why I DID stay in Gotham, it was because pain wasn't the only thing here for me. As I don the cowl over my head I remember that the other thing here for me in Gotham City was my ability to cope. The only way I can cope with the pain of seeing my parents murdered before my eyes is by ensuring that criminals like Joe Chill are scared, scared to come out at night and wreck peoples lives with their evil ways. To make sure that pain like mine doesn't exist in this city. As I mount the Batpod and start up its engine I come to the conclusion I come to every night I prepare to go out and fight crime. The reason I stayed in Gotham City is because the only way I can cope with my pain is by being Batman.

I hope you all enjoyed this short story. Constructive criticism is welcome. Smile

GhostLord89
User

Job/hobbies : Custodian, Filmmaking, Photography, Acting, Writing, Comics
Fav' Movie Character : Ted

Back to top Go down

Ability to Cope Empty Re: Ability to Cope

Post  Kevin's Customs Thu 26 Sep 2013, 00:40

Ghostlord I love this. Very thought provoking and somehow seems like a better end to the Dark Knight Universe
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs
Premium Member

http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25

Back to top Go down

Post  GhostLord89 Thu 26 Sep 2013, 03:25

Scary wrote:Great work and an interesting idea, Ghostlord! It would have been nice if the trilogy had ended with Bruce still in Gotham as Batman, but I think it was Nolan's way of not tempting himself to come back and do some more films in the series. The trilogy was and is perfect as it is. However, that doesn't stop us wondering "what if...?"

Thanks for sharing, Ghostlord. cheers
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback! Smile

Campion wrote:Really enjoyed it GhostLord! Smile
I'm glad to hear it. Smile

Kevin's Customs wrote:Ghostlord I love this. Very thought provoking and somehow seems like a better end to the Dark Knight Universe
Thanks Kevin! Smile

GhostLord89
User

Job/hobbies : Custodian, Filmmaking, Photography, Acting, Writing, Comics
Fav' Movie Character : Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  Eye of Rassilon Thu 24 Oct 2013, 21:27

Nice job. Smile
Eye of Rassilon
Eye of Rassilon
User