NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who Figures

+3
NonZeroWriter4
TheIronLad
DalekEmperor101
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Doctor Who Figures Empty Doctor Who Figures

Post  DalekEmperor101 Mon 09 Jun 2014, 17:48

The latest news from the toy world. Pics of the short 3.75 inch wave will be released soon. More news on the asylum sets has been released.

"the first has red Paradigm white paradigm ... Both weathered and a weathered SFX bronze"

"yes all Daleks are marked with the Asylum stamp and have heavy weathering effects ... Including the metallic red drone"

So, no news on the classic series daleks yet, but we can only wait and hope!
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Figures Empty Re: Doctor Who Figures

Post  TheIronLad Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:21

Looking forward to the Asylum sets !
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Fav' Movie Character : Peter Jason Quill (Star-Lord)

Back to top Go down

Post  NonZeroWriter4 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 13:43

As am I!  Smile

NonZeroWriter4
User

Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 17:57

In the toy world lately, three new sets have just been annouced and shown by UT. They include: The First Dalek Asylum Set, Ace from Silver Nemesis & The Time Of The Doctor Set.

Doctor Who Figures Time-doctor2
This includes:

• 12th Doctor

• Young and “aged” 11th Doctor heads

• walking cane

• Sonic Screwdriver

• Handles accessory

• presented in a TARDIS inspired gift box

Doctor Who Figures Ace-r

This Includes:
 Her iconic black jacket with sleeves rolled up, signature ponytail hair, and comes with boombox portable radio cassette and “Ace” framed portrait. The figure has removable/replaceable outer jacket with alternate T-shirt arms to display the jacket on or off.

Doctor Who Figures Assylum-set

On the side note, we also get a nice look at a variant of an upcoming Dalek set from the 3.75 inch wave. The new set has been labelled the Stealth Dalek Ship

Doctor Who Figures Dalek-ship

And on the side, 3 new 3 figure sets have been annouced. THey are just re-releases of figures we have seen before, but hey! They are cool. The three sets are from season 30 (Series 4), Season 32 (Series 5) & Season 33 (Series 6)

Whats your thoughts of the upcoming stuff?
Doctor Who Figures Figure-sets-3
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:46

I am only interested in the amazing Time of the Doctor set which I am going to pre-order straight away , when it's up on Forbidden Planet. It looks like an amazing set and I cannot wait to get it ! I also need it for my 11th Doctor FA Series 2 which will be released some time in 2015. Although I will be making a Christmas Special hopefully.  Very Happy
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Back to top Go down

Post  BuwaroE Mon 30 Jun 2014, 13:06

Really digging the idea of the Three Packs, I really want the Doomsday set!
BuwaroE
BuwaroE
User

Job/hobbies : Revek Industries
Fav' Movie Character : The 8th Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Mon 21 Jul 2014, 22:47

Ooo... just got everything sorted from A-Levels and was getting back into the swing of Doctor Who, having been so far away from it for months, look to see what the new figures are and I am pleased. I can't wait for the Time of the Doctor set and Ace looks pretty neat. Haven't picked up the previous one, so that could be nice. Also, can't got wrong with a boombox.

TFD Big Grin 
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Sat 02 Aug 2014, 02:07

I am definitely getting that 'Time of the Doctor' set! I'm so happy to see they have a 5" 12th Doctor head sculpt, it's looking hopeful that they'll do a 5" figure of him in his own full attire!

Someone posted this picture on another forum of the figure in its packaging. It really is looking great!

Doctor Who Figures 5NOqQ8O

The only problem about this figure is the price... £30.00 for one figure is a pee take. But I guess they know we'll still cave in and buy, so they jack the price up. 🇳🇴

In other news, there's another 5" set on the way! 'The Impossible Set', featuring the 11th from 'The Snowmen' (and 'Time of the Doctor' if you put the old man head on it), and a 5" Clara! This is very exciting news! This gives me even more hope that we'll see other 5" figures. A 5" 12th Doctor in full attire is pretty much inevitable now!

Doctor Who Figures 105310

Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sat 02 Aug 2014, 13:48

Ooo... hadn't seen the Impossible set. I am definitely getting the Time of the Doctor 11th as that is by far my favourite costume he wears and may want to use him for animating. Yes, a souffle girl 5" figure. Perfect. Torso and legs may be useful for customs too. Hopefully a proper 12th Doctor 5" is on its way as I don't want to have to buy two new figures and customise one.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Job/hobbies : Doctor Who, Football, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Batman, Star Wars, figure customisation, video making

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Sat 02 Aug 2014, 19:47

Oo! Wave 4 of the Character Building figures is finally beginning to turn up in stores! Here are some pictures from other websites/forums:

Doctor Who Figures Cb41

Doctor Who Figures Cb42

Doctor Who Figures Cb43

Doctor Who Figures Img_2010

They look great! Strax, the 12th and the War Doc are my favourites! Very Happy
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Sat 02 Aug 2014, 20:36

Nice. Never been a huge fan of CB. LEGO is LEGO and not action figures, just characters when playing when I was a kid, so proper figures were my calling. However, the Zygon is one of the more interesting and cooler sculpts they've come up with. I hope that sort of thing catches on a little and we see some really unusual monsters coming out. Other than the 11 Doctors CB set, was there a classic series release of figures that weren't just repaints of the classic Doctors?

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Sat 02 Aug 2014, 21:00

The Fourth Doctor wrote:Nice. Never been a huge fan of CB. LEGO is LEGO and not action figures, just characters when playing when I was a kid, so proper figures were my calling. However, the Zygon is one of the more interesting and cooler sculpts they've come up with. I hope that sort of thing catches on a little and we see some really unusual monsters coming out. Other than the 11 Doctors CB set, was there a classic series release of figures that weren't just repaints of the classic Doctors?

TFD Big Grin

Unfortunately not, but I guess it's still possible.
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 19:30

A nice little update on the two sets. The Impossible Girl set and the Time Of The Doctor Set.

Doctor Who Figures File
Doctor Who Figures File
Doctor Who Figures File
Personally, I think they look fab!
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:16

Nice to get some new images. Does the Time of the Doctor set come with a bow-tie swapout shirt piece as well? Capaldi looks okay. I'm sure we'll get a 5 inch version of him in his series 8 costume anyway so I'm not too bothered about the sculpt. I hope the Clara figure looks better in the flesh. From the images she looks a little... bland. Too be fair, the image quality isn't great and the lighting is poor. Where did you get the images from, DE101?

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 21:22

Facebook :p. I believe as far as in aware, the heads are the only changable thing
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Mon 04 Aug 2014, 21:28

Looking at the in-the-box photo in previous posts, it comes with a bow-tie piece and a shirt piece. I hope that'll be in the final release of the figure.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Mon 04 Aug 2014, 21:58

Looks great! I just wish that Capaldi wasn't smirking with his eyebrow raised, nothing like the character of the 12th Doctor (from what we've seen so far). But ah well, I'm glad to get this at all! Clara isn't really looking like Clara, but it's close. And the 11th's face is a bit strange, they seem to have done something to it and now it looks a bit weird.

Minus that though, these look cool!
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Mon 04 Aug 2014, 22:01

Quite often, bad light can make them look that way. Also sometimes the sculpt is good, but they apply the paint thickly. I think it's what they've done with 11. It's unlikely to be a new sculpt seeing as they're probably settling down the 5 inch line.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Tue 05 Aug 2014, 08:57

Can't wait for these sets ! Especially the Time of the Doctor set even though the facial expression on the 12th Doctor head isn't much to my liking. Other than that they look like fantastic sets , apart from the Victorian 11th Doctor head sculpt which doesn't look up to standard with the Time of the Doctor 11th Doctor head.
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Tue 05 Aug 2014, 10:16

TheIronLad wrote:Can't wait for these sets ! Especially the Time of the Doctor set even though the facial expression on the 12th Doctor head isn't much to my liking. Other than that they look like fantastic sets , apart from the Victorian 11th Doctor head sculpt which doesn't look up to standard with the Time of the Doctor 11th Doctor head.

Yeah, but you can't get enough of the Victorian get up. I love the way they gave him a hat, but it's a shame we probably won't get a removable/replaceable variant so we can have different poses.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  TheIronLad Tue 05 Aug 2014, 10:20

We can just put the 11th Doctor's head from the Time of the Doctor set on it Very Happy That's what I will do , especially in my 11th Doctor FA Christmas Special Very Happy
TheIronLad
TheIronLad
User

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Tue 05 Aug 2014, 10:24

It's not the same thing for me. I like the ease and toy aesthetics that the 4th Doctor figure had, what the Time of the Doctor figure will have, etc. I love that idea for a toy. The figure is unlikely to be used in any of my animations, so I'm not fussed. If anything I love the hat as it'll look cooler alongside other Doctors should I decide to display some of my figures again.

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 22:49

I was going to get both sets, but now that the Time Of The Doctor set isnt on Popcultcha anymore, Im not paying 30 pounds for one figure, its too stupid. That also buggers my plans for getting the Impossible set, as I like the body, but I want the normal head. CO, good job! Idiots....
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Thu 04 Sep 2014, 00:16

Mark Gatiss tweeted a picture earlier of a prototype of his character Professor Lazarus that never saw production. Looks pretty cool, it's a great likeness!

It's a shame that they didn't release this because it's pretty likely that Gatiss will be the next headwriter after Moffat, so it would have been cool for spoofs and parodies to have a figure of the showrunner. I know I'd definitely buy a Moffat figure in a heartbeat just for the laughs. Razz

Doctor Who Figures BwnAE_YIQAAiMTR_zps8e67042b
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fourth Doctor Thu 04 Sep 2014, 08:34

Pretty cool. Would have been such a useful figure for customs too with a tuxedo figure. Not sure about the expression. Looks a little... constipated. Very Happy

TFD Big Grin
The Fourth Doctor
The Fourth Doctor
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next