NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

+4
Umbridge
NigelFromSpace
Valeyard
The Bat
8 posters

NerdSoup :: The Soup :: DC

Go down

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Empty Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post  The Bat Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:09

Discuss the awesome film by Zack Snyder which radically redoes the awesome Batman mythos for a new generation!  Very Happy
The Bat
The Bat
User

Fav' Movie Character : Batman

Back to top Go down

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Empty Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post  Valeyard Thu 04 Aug 2016, 12:44

Going in, I was very excited for the film, and I came out saying…

'Eh, it was alright'.

The film is perfectly average. There's a lot of stuff wrong with it. Lex Luthor, Doomsday, The "Knightmare" Sequences, That 'Martha' bit that was incredibly stupid, The Ending, Introducing all the characters for Justice League. It doesn't all tie together well, and a lot of plot threads are left unresolved. 

However…

There are definitely some strong points. Affleck as Batman, Cavill as Superman, Gadot as Wonder Woman, Irons as Alfred, The battle between Bats and Supes, The fight between Batman and those crooks. It's all brilliant stuff, but it's also in a film overstuffed with other plot points that go nowhere and constantly get in the way of the real stakes: Batman and Superman's different ideologies and their fight.

~Valeyard
Valeyard
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  NigelFromSpace Thu 04 Aug 2016, 13:47

i thought it was a gret film (even if it was mad by the americans) - the butman in this was great, the other batmans before have always been a bit wet in my opinoon. this one actually killed people and used a great big iron! a good bit of honest vigitlant justice.
NigelFromSpace
NigelFromSpace
User

Fav' Movie Character : Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbridge Thu 04 Aug 2016, 13:58

Yeah it was okay. I don't think it was as bad as everyone said, but yeah, it wasn't great.

I still don't really know what beef Supes and Bats had with each other. It wasn't the greatest story telling at all and left a lot to be desired. The more I thought about and discussed the plot with friends afterwards, the more problems we came across and found in the film; like Doomsday, what was Lex's plan with that? It just didn't make sense.

Also, Supes was poop, which is annoying, because he's my favourite superhero. I really don't like all the attention Bats gets over Supes, but I have to give credit where credit is due here, Supes just wasn't great in this film. All he did was moan. Where's the selfless heroic 'truth, justice, the American way' Superman that we know and love? Where's the saving-cats-from-trees Superman of the Christopher Reeve films? It's sad that they've really misunderstood the character and done him such, no pun intended, an injustice.

However, it was still entertaining for what it was. Bats was awesome. Such a badass! Really can't wait to see more of him!

But yeah. Disappointing overall, I'd say, but not as bad as everyone I had heard complaining about it said it was before I saw it. Not the worst, but not the best either! Bounce
Umbridge
Umbridge
Administrator

Job/hobbies : Theology Student
Fav' Movie Character : Darth Vader

Back to top Go down

Post  Cromwell Thu 04 Aug 2016, 15:00

The film was... different. Let us say that as that is possibly the best way to describe it.
Cromwell
Cromwell
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  DoctorWho69 Sat 06 Aug 2016, 15:03

I did enjoy Batman vs Superman, especially Ben Affleck's Batman but it was a bit of a messy plot and I didn't really like Lex Luthor's portrayal. Also, as Scary pointed out, there seemed to be no reason for Batman and Superman to dislike each other. I think it seemed to be more to set up the Justice League than to be a good film in its own right.
DoctorWho69
DoctorWho69
User

Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemonhead Mon 08 Aug 2016, 17:49

Don't like the film (although the ultimate edition is slightly better) but I absolutely LOVE Ben Affleck's Batman. Looking forward to seeing more of him (haven't seen Suicide Squad yet).
Lemonhead
Lemonhead
User

Fav' Movie Character : Batman

http://letterboxd.com/NicholasBrent/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Professor Thu 11 Aug 2016, 14:08

Gotta say, I found it one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Largely incoherent, mostly superficial, and worst of all, it revelled in the immature "grimdark" nonsense that really doesn't work for these characters.

Ah well. Other people enjoyed it, and I reckon that's enough for it to have some worth.

The Professor
User

Job/hobbies : Writer
Fav' Movie Character : ???

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down