NerdSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek Beyond

3 posters

Go down

Star Trek Beyond Empty Star Trek Beyond

Post  The Professor Sat 13 Aug 2016, 09:07

So, what did we all think about this? I have a full review over at my blog, but, to be honest, I was... a tad disappointed. Certainly, I enjoyed it; it was a lot of fun, and an entertaining enough way to spend a few hours. It's just that I was hoping for more than just a lot of fun, particularly given how Simon Pegg had been talking about the movie; his suggestion that we were getting a postmodern, postcolonial deconstruction of the Federation and its ideals sounded fantastic to me. When that turned out to be heavily exaggerated, and it became clear that Krall was a bit of a weak antagonist, the whole movie took a bit of a tumble, really.

What did you all think?

The Professor
User

Job/hobbies : Writer
Fav' Movie Character : ???

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Beyond Empty Re: Star Trek Beyond

Post  Valeyard Sun 21 Aug 2016, 13:55

I haven't had the chance to see it yet, but I'll likely catch it on DVD along with the first two films. Smile The trailer is fantastic though! Very Happy

~Valeyard
Valeyard
Valeyard
User

Job/hobbies : Student
Fav' Movie Character : James Bond

Back to top Go down

Post  DalekEmperor101 Sun 11 Sep 2016, 20:34

I think that in all honesty, it was the best Kelvin Timeline film so far. It was very original series, had so many points and hints towards small facts hidden in TOS and was definitely perfect for the nowaday Trekker. Although it still lacks some of the magic from the Original, it certainly held its spirit and was a nice addition to the 50th year
DalekEmperor101
DalekEmperor101
User

Job/hobbies : Actor/Writer
Fav' Movie Character : Captain Jean Luc Picard

http://whoviansunited.englishboard.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down